Professional Probation & Parole Consulting, Inc., services provided include:
- Assisting Attorneys and Meeting with Clients In Correctional Facilities
- Providing Direct One-On-One Consultation Involving Parole, Probation, and Other Correctional Matters
- Providing Parole Board Hearing Consultation
- Attending Parole Board Interviews as Lay Representative
- Assisting Attorneys and Their Clients In Preparing for Pre-Sentence Interviews
- Assisting Attorneys In Preparation of Sentencing Analysis and Memorandum
- Independent Sentencing Mitigation Reports
- Assisting In Pre and Post -Sentencing Matters Involving The Michigan Department Of Corrections
- Preparation of Client for a Public Hearing
- Probation and Parole Supervision Matters
- Probation And Parole Violation Matters
- Reconsideration Letters to the Parole Board
- Referrals For Mental Health And Substance Abuse Counseling/Program Placement
- Other Department of Corrections, Community Corrections or Criminal Justice Matters Including Incarceration, Mandatory Therapy Programs, Work Release Programs, EMS/Home Incarceration Programs, Anger Management Programs or Other Services
Other services include:
Request for ReHearing
If parole is denied and the client believes the denial was for inappropriate reasons, Ms. Schaefer will help the prisoner prepare a request for another hearing laying out the grounds for reconsideration.
One factor in a favorable decision for parole is the community placement plan. Ms. Schaefer will gather and present information on home placement, employment opportunities, and services such as substance abuse treatment.
Under state law MCL 780.621 a person convicted of one crime can petition the court to have the conviction set aside or expunged. Ms. Schaefer works with the attorney to prepare the documentation needed for the court.
Commutation and Pardon Application Consultation
Seeking pardon or commutation requires that a prisoner complete an application (PDF: 430k). Seeking a pardon after discharge requires the completion of an application (PDF: 230k). Ms. Schaefer provides assistance in preparing the commutation and pardon applications, including gathering the necessary documentation.
Professional Licensing Restoration
Having a felony conviction can result in the loss of a professional license or difficulty in acquiring a license. Ms. Schaefer will assist ex-offenders gather required documentation and help the attorney present it to the appropriate decision-making body for license restoration or award.
Interstate Compact Transfers
All convicted offenders, including misdemeanants, who are placed on parole or probation are eligible to apply for transfer to another state under the interstate compact for the supervision of parolees and probation. Ms. Schaefer will assist in requesting transfer and in preparing any paperwork required from the parolee or probationer as well as documenting living arrangements and employment offers.
Professional Probation & Parole Consulting, Inc. will help the Client prepare for the Pre-sentence Interview with the Probation Department. This counseling prior to the probation interview can make a big difference in the outcome for the Client.